Conversation at 2 West 13th Street is an extension of a sound showcase hosted by the research group [email protected] Participants are invited to engage in a conversation with a location in this New School campus building, otherwise known as the Sheila Johnson Design Center.
More accurately, we ask that participants engage sonically with a specific image from the building.
There is no barrier to the kinds of responses, and they might be field recordings, spoken, composed, aleatoric, etc, as long as they respond to the image/place in some way.
Here are the guidelines:
- Select an image to have a conversation with.
- Finished sounds must be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes in length
- Finished submissions must be 320 kbps mp3 files
- Files must be named as follows:
01 your name.mp3
(with the prefix digits signifying the image number)
- Submissions must be sent by January 1st 2014
- Submissions must be sent via email to soundatnewschool(at)gmail.com
- Submission must include a brief description of your conversation.
The Conversation onsite
QR Codes will be displayed at each of the locations in the building so that visitors can go on a sonic scavenger hunt through the building. This will be part of our exhibition opening in January 2014.
The Conversation online
Files will be added to playlists that are linked to each image and will exist permanently as a project on our [email protected] website. Each year we aim to have a similar project for other buildings on our campus.